History

The Group was formed in 1945 by servicemen and women returning from World War 2. They sufferd from hearing losses acquired during the war and decided to form a Group to help fight for better aids and equipment for deaf and hard of hearing people. The Group was then named Twickenham Hard of Hearing Club but that name was changed three years ago to Twickenham Hearing Support Group. We feel this name encompasses the needs of deaf and hard of hearing people more than the old name. The club played an active part in the campaign for better hearing aids and audiology services through the National Health Service and the development of additional support equipment.
 
We began the Sympathetic Hearing Scheme through which the development of loops with the logo developed in shops and banks.